Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Black Rose: An unending story.


[Adaptation]: There were no visitors in the rose garden at that hour, except one. This visitor was a girl. She wore a skirt that had an arrangement of spring flowers printed upon it. It was a tasteful print; the flowers almost looked alive upon it. She was sitting in some 100+ yards away and was absorbed in a book which appeared to be a novel. She had burgundy hair which looked pretty. Suddenly he felt the desire to talk to her for no obvious reason except that he was feeling cheerful and he wanted share his cheerfulness.
The girl had seen him without shifting her eyes. Women have this unmatched power of seeing men without moving their eyes much. Perhaps they use it as a protective measure for themselves. He got up and reached her. “Hello”, he said and sat down.
She said. “Hello”, without shifting her eyes from the book she was reading.
“Nice weather”   he said.
Now she turned her face towards him and said “Excuse me. Did you say something?”
“Yes, I said nice weather”
“Yes. The weather is nice.” She again absorbed herself to reading.
He looked at her from the corner of his eyes to assess whether she was a woman in bad mood or had something bad as an experience that changed her.  He pondered whether it was right to disturb such a woman.
He said, ‘I want to have a chat with you’
‘Chat about?’
“Anything!”
She felt amused, and said coolly, “Haven’t we already chatted about the weather?”
“In that case now I would like to chat about the flowers.”



[P.S: Knowingly left unfinished] Comments are Welcome.

2 comments:

  1. *grows curious*
    I see potential. Grabbed my attention quite easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I really enjoyed your story, women really do have a third eye when it comes to these things! I really like your image of the rose and was hoping to use it for something, where is it from? I would really appreciate it if you got back to me. Thanks, Blanka.

    ReplyDelete